Activity 8

7:32 PM / Posted by Group 7 /

Charles Kan
On a Sunday Morning, I went to Riverbank State Park which is located at West 137 street to West 155th Street. The weather was okay like breezy and partly cloudy, but still the view was very nice to look at. This park has a skating rink, indoor pool, tennis courts, basketball courts, softball/baseball field, handball courts, and a track field with a football/soccer field. As well, the park was very clean which provides comfort to people who are walking around and sight seeing. There were many young kids and a few old people playing basketball, also there was a team practicing baseball. The thing that surprise me the most is that there were some women that was planting flowers/ gardening. I thought the park does not allow people to garden. While walking in the park, I notice that there were many parents bought their children to the children park to play and have fun. In addition, some of them also bought their dogs with them for a walk.

The Second field trip I went to was Yankee Stadium, which was not on Sunday but actually Thursday, April 15 which was the day that I went to see the game. I sat all the way in the upper decks behind home plate which
provided a good view. The tickets were to expensive if you want to sit in the lower decks or the stands. Good thing they won, if it wasn't I would came back home all gloomily and piss. Okay, before the game I walk around the area, and saw that many workers were preparing food and cleaning up the restaurants for those who want to eat there and watch the game on T.V. But, I notice there are more customers in those restaurants/bar when the game is over. In addition, there were plenty of vendors and stores selling Yankees merchandise. Also, there were people standing around selling their Yankee tickets to people, which is understandable because they want to make money. However, in my thinking, I don't really trust them that much because the tickets, itself could be fake. There were mostly young man and old men going to the game and support their team Yankees but there were also some fan girls too. Next to the New Yankee Stadium, you still could see the old stadium but only half of it because they are tearing it down.

3 comments:

Comment by Group 7 on April 26, 2010 at 10:56 AM

Hey Charles how much did you pay for the ticket because when I tried to buy mine I was shocked by the price.

Comment by Group 7 on May 8, 2010 at 11:16 AM

I was actually also surprised that they let people garden at Riverbank because never see that in city parks but I think they have to pay for that space they use.
Katherine P

Comment by Group 7 on May 13, 2010 at 5:59 PM

I Bought the Tickets online, its pretty cheap. Their are the 5 dollars tickets and the section are the upper decks, which most of them are sold out by now, but from what I check there are still a couple left that aren't sold out.

Post a Comment