Scavenger Hunt #9

6:45 PM / Posted by Group 7 /


I found a gated community in the Bronx! And its beautiful! Way down by the water of the east river is a small neighborhood of the Bronx called Clason Point. The area is made up of small one story houses which has earned the title of "Little Puerto Rico" not only because of the large amount of Puerto Ricans living there, but also because of the striking resemblance to the small towns of the island. On the outskirts of Little Puerto Rico is this 199 condo gated community called Shore Haven at Harboure Pointe, complete with security at every entrance, a huge community center, and an amazing view of the Manahattan skyline. While I was not able to actually enter the premisis I did walk around and take a few pictures. The pictures I saw online of the inside of the facility were amazing and lead me to believe that this place is definitely on the more expensive side. I remember when this gated community was being built in 2002. As far as I can remember the land it is currently standing on was empty and not being used for residential housing.

Desiree Caro
(ps- scavenger hunt #7 is mine too!)

0 comments:

Post a Comment