Visit a place someone told you to go...

6:39 PM / Posted by Group 7 /



A cold windy day riding on Staten Island ferry, it was pretty peaceful and relaxing. It was my second time riding the ferry since my child days. While riding the ferry, I saw some parents that brought their child with them to sight see or to have fun. This bring back old memory when my mother brought me to the ferry. At first, I thought I was going to throw up and get sick since I'm not that good with boats and ships, however it was a good thing I didn't.
While I was in the ferry, there were many tourists taking pictures of Statue of Liberty, Ellis Island, Brooklyn Bridge, South Street Seaport, and many other things. All of a sudden, there was a flock of birds flying along side the ferry because some tourists and people were throwing bread and pieces of pretzels for them to eat. Besides the tourists, there were many college students and high school students either going back home or to school. My friend who was with me notice some fellow classmates of him that was going to CSI. After this, my friend and I walk around and I notice a place called Snack Bar. They were selling popcorn, pretzels, beer, soda, juice and cookies. It was pretty pricey but affordable.
Finally, we reach Staten Island but I did not get off since I'm not that familiar with Staten Island. Coming back to the City, It was the same as coming to Staten Island, however, there was lesser tourists and many more students. Riding the ferry, it was what I actually expected from it. It was a good thing I rode the ferry, it help me remember my first time riding it.
Charles Kan

0 comments:

Post a Comment